The industrial strength Java IDE
Features at a Glance - AnyJ Version 3.0
Highly Productive GUI
Professional IDE with integrated Editor, Build System, Debugger, GUI Builder, Versioning (CVS), Deployment support.
Moderate memory and CPU consumption even with large projects (3000 classes and higher).
- Feature-rich and intelligent editor. (e.g. sourcecode formatter, 'format on paste'-option, brace matching, .. )
- Intuitive form-based configuration (no endless Property sheets !)
- All shortcuts, menus, toolbars customizable
- Drag & Drop support (win32)
- Type 'into' any Listbox or tree to find items
- symbolic variables to ease setup, easy and intuitive path editor and file browser
- Comfortable document management (back-button, recent-file list, bookmarks, ..)
- Lots of crosslinks (e.g. find a selected classname in the classbrowser or file browser)
Coding Assistance, Browsing, Refactoring Support
Easy navigation (jump to the definition
of methods/variables with respect to the type of the current
expression and class hierarchy)
- Automatic 'import' statement insertion
- Intelligent Context Sensitive help,
displays context help by watching the user working. E.g. it
displays JavaDoc for a currently edited or selected method or the Documentation
of the currently edited Html Tag.
- Class Browser, Find and browse all implementors
of an interface, Hierarchy/Overridden Method Analyzer, Bookmarks
- Global symbol index
to locate methods and classes with ease within large projects
- Automatic Package
- File/Project Browser
- True parser backed
(Intelli*ense) code completion for Java and Html files
- Source generation
... required import statements ('.*' or fully qualified)
... accessors (add set/get methods accessing instance variables)
... overridden methods
... wrappers (generate methods redirected to an instance variable)
... interface implementation skeletons
... JavaDoc comment skeletons
- Find & Replace
spanning whole directories (optional recursive, "ignore
- Advanced search using regular expressions
- Templates for faster
development and a more consistent implementation style
- Uses the JPDA debugger interface standard.
- supports source level JSP debugging
- step in, step over, step out, continue
- Thread list (incl. stack frames of each thread)
- 'Current Position View' shows context of current breakpoint/step position
- reliable handling of breakpoints in inner classes
- quick stepping (quick GUI update)
- Tooltips showing current value of variable in the editor.
- Built-in support for all Swing components, supports the Java Beans Component Technology
- Simple and powerful
WYSIWYG layout mechanism
- Unlimited Undo/Redo
- Easy Image management
- Generates pure Java
Flexible sourcecode and library management
Automated configuration and setup by importing/exporting configuration snippets (XML).
Extensive CVS support.
Pluggable JDK and compiler (supports nearby any compiler on the market). Not bound to any proprietary
No proprietary repository, enables co-existence with other development tools.
Application and bean deployment, automated file copying.
Cross JDK development
(Coding Assistance can use a different set of classes than the test environment).
A must-have when developing for embedded systems with reduced API set.
More than one version of the same package can be mounted into one workspace (project).
Build System: Build Clean, Build All, Build changed. Compile selectively directories, files.
Generic interface to integrate external tools.
Integrated Diff tool.
- supports JDK 1.02, JDK 1.1, JDK 1.2 , JDK1.3, MS-Java SDK
- Java Applications, Java Beans, Java Servlets (2.0),
Java Server Pages (JSP), Applets
- supports the apache tomcat webserver (v3.2)